Friday, April 1, 2011

Pink or Blue

Yesterday at 15 weeks 4 days we found out whether we would be buying lots of pink or I would be washing a whole lot of blue, and I'll get to the verdict in a minute. For my own records, I want to post the full story of why we found out 4.5 weeks early! We weren't supposed to find out until our routine 20 week anatomy ultrasound which will be the last week of April or the first week of May. Yesterday though, after leaping to get something nasty out of John's hand before he undoubtedly put said object in his mouth, I stepped on one of his Hot Wheels, slipped, fell, and landed mostly on our poor little baby. I called my Dr. office and informed them that while I was sure I was probably over-reacting, I wanted to be safe rather than sorry which they also agreed was for the best and wanted me to come in that afternoon. I went in assuming that they'd find baby's heartbeat with the doppler and I would be on my way. Instead I went straight back into the ultrasound room! The technician checked out our precious baby, and after confirming that everything was right and well looked at me and asked me if I'd like to know what I was having. I could barely contain my excitement as I told her that I would love nothing more than to know what we were having. She said she was 95% certain and would confirm with more accuracy at my anatomy ultrasound that we are expecting a little baby...

GIRL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment