Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Followup

My very first Mother's Day has come and gone, so I thought that I would post it's happenings since I believe it was the best ever!

Cade made me dinner. He always makes me dinner, and since I can't cook, I always appreciate it. On special occasions though, it's a really good dinner. He made fish which since I was pregnant I have absolutely LOVED. (For those of you who don't know, I absolutely hated all sorts of seafood before. My liking of sushi was actually the first clue that I was pregnant. Thanks John!) On our anniversary it was catfish - this time it was COD. Let me just say while it was extremely delicious Cod stinks. It has that gross fishy smell and now my house smells like fish... ew.

Now, since John is only 12 weeks old, I expected nothing from him except his usual cuteness, however, in good baby fashion he surprised me. Saturday morning he rolled over onto his side by himself, so we expected that he would be rolling over in the next couple days. Sunday morning we were having our normal morning family time hanging out in bed for a little while and he rolled all the way over on his tummy! That alone was a pretty good present - his first time rolling over by himself. Little did I know, he had another surprise in store. Later on he gave me the best present I could have asked for - his first laugh! This laugh was complete with the hiccups which coincidentally happen to his Daddy every time he laughs. It's quite possibly the best thing I've heard, tied, of course, with the first time we heard his heartbeat.

I love my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment