Friday, May 7, 2010

Mother's Day

Since Mother's Day is on Sunday and I don't plan on ever
posting on the weekends, I'm going to do this today. A thank you letter to my son who gives me a reason to celebrate this day.

Dear John,

You will forever be my first son, my first baby. Tomorrow you are TWELVE weeks old. Just 12 weeks ago you were still kicking and squirming around in my belly determined to set your own schedule, and then, you were born - February 13, 2010
at 2:33AM - more beautiful than I ever imagined. That day, aside from the day that Daddy and I were sealed for time and all eternity, was the best day of my life. That was the day I finally got to look you in the eyes. That was the day I finally got to hold you in my arms. That was the day I became someone's mom - yours. Your life, your smile, your tiny fingers and toes, your cry that sounds like "Ma Ma", most especially this face:
You, you are the reason I am celebrating Mother's Day this year - you who has made my life just a little more complete. I love you, my baby.

Love, Mommy


1 comment:

Dustin said...

Tab, that was the sweetest thing in the world!! You are such a great mom!

Post a Comment